Overnight on Sunday, nonviolent Palestinians were murdered by Israeli troops as they gathered near the border of Gaza to protest the United States Embassy's relocation from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The stark differences in the photos from the day paint a picture of the hypocrisy of the political elite of the U.S. and the struggles of the people.
Reports since early Monday state that more than 60 were killed, 2,700 wounded. The toll on the people in Gaza continues to rise.
The Green Party of Kansas City Missouri stands in solidarity with Palestinians and their families. The loss of human lives in Gaza - for simply defending their basic human rights and opposing the violence at the hands of their colonial oppressors - is horrendous to witness.
"This is not about politics. This is about war, occupation, and genocide. It is a waste of time to play the 'whose oppression is greater game.' I feel a duty as an American Jew and as an eco-socialist to say -- this is NOT OK with me," Elyse Max, Green Party of Kansas City Missouri.
We, along with the national Green Party, denounce the opening of the U.S. embassy in Jerusalem.
The lack of outrage on this human rights issue from the two corporate parties - specifically their silence of continuous Israeli war crimes - is disgusting.
Along with the national Green Party, we call for:
- The immediate end of continued aid to Israel from the U.S.
- Full support of the Boycott, Divest, and Sanctions (BDS) Movement
- Palestinian people are restored their rights to self-determination
Israel to fully comply with International law by:
- Ending its occupation and colonization of all Palestinian land
- Dismantling the wall in the west bank
- Recognizing fundamental rights of Palestinians in Israel, granting them full equality
- Respecting, protecting and promoting the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes
Sign now in solidarity.