2020 Missouri Green Party Candidate for
Missouri State House Representative - District 37
My name is Daniel Karam and I am a candidate for the 37th District House of the Missouri House of Representatives. Here is some basic information
about me. If you want some stories go to my Web Site soon to be available.
- Born in Detroit 1951, grew up in the suburbs, 12 years in a Catholic school, Oakland Community College, Psychology and Sociology,Wayne State University, Studied Advanced Expository Writing. Hitchhiked around the country off and on for about a 5 year period, was looking for like minded people.
- Ran a Natural Food Store for 5 years.
- Wrote a book “Magic Web” dedicated to the capture and reform of the corrupt and gentle healing of us all, available on Amazon and Kindle Publishing.
- Wrote a Political short book called “Right to Happiness Movement” also available through Amazon and Kindle Publishing under the name Dan D Karam.
- Been an activist since the Vietnam War. Joined the Great Peace March in 1986. Protested with an anti Nuclear Vigil in front of the White House in Washington, DC for 2 years. Started my own Demonstration on Capitol Grounds called The Right to Happiness Movement. Gathered signatures from around the World.
- Visited A Christian Community in Northern Vermont now called 12 Tribes.
- Also spent time with a Christian Community in Chicago called Jesus People USA.
- I’ve attended 35 National or Annual Rainbow Gatherings from 1972 to 2019.
- These are gatherings of upwards to 10,000 people who hold a silent meditation for World Peace every year on the 4th of July in a different National Forest. I’ve played an active role at these Gatherings focalizing the recycling for a 10 year period and participating in many of their Councils.
- I’ve been a part of the Green Party in Michigan and ran for State House in 2002 with “WAR AGAINST GREED” as my campaign slogan.
- I am a member of the Green Party of Kansas City Missouri and serve as Co-Coordinator.
- I am also a member of Peace Works Kansas City and Extinction Rebellion.
- I moved to Grandview, Missouri in 2011.
- I pay my bills by driving for Uber and Lyft.
- I’ve read at Poetry Readings and continue to write.
I’m sorry about using the word I so much but am trying to let you know who I am.
Democracy cannot work without an informed public.
My main priorities have to do with Equality. Our political system has been dominated by special interests to the point of destruction, culturally and environmentally. I will oppose legislation that favors organizations at the expense of people and promote efforts to improve and better the life styles of people.
GREEN PARTY CANDIDATE
State House of Representatives District 37
WE CAN DO BETTER
ABOLISH ECONOMIC SLAVERY
TAX BILLIONAIRES OUT OF EXISTENCE
PROMOTE ECONOMIC EQUALITY